Do I really have to send the bank statement?!
Yes. Please note carefully that you have to verify that you have paid costs from your personal bank account. So please include your bank statement, aka “Kontoauszug” in German, in your reimbursement application (print out the relevant information, cross out the rest) whenever you made a payment from your personal bank account.It is insufficient to just send printed email receipts from e.g. AirBnB or Paypal or credit cards etc.
The only exceptions are
- - if you paid in cash (obviously!) but then you get a receipt, aka “Kassenbon” to send to us
- - if you paid by EC-card, but then you got a EC-receipt, aka “EC-Beleg” to send to us
Reimbursement of travelling expenses
The travelling budget per subproject is listed in the DynaTrait intranet. If you are not a staff member of the University of Potsdam and would like to get money refunded for an official journey within DynaTrait, you basically need to send 2 reimbursement forms, all your original receipts, and bank statements to the University of Potsdam.
Please decide what you want to get refunded:
- full refund (including per diem, for lunch and dinner, „Tagegeld“: THIS IS THE MOST LIKELY OPTION) – fill in point 1, 5, 6 and 8 in reimbursement form (german form, english form) and additionally travel refund detailed.pdf
- hotel, travel expenses, registration fee (no per diem for lunch, dinner) – fill in point 1, 5, 6 and 8 in reimbursement form (german form, english form)
- per diem for private accommodation, travel expenses, registration fee (no per diem for lunch, dinner) – fill in point 1, 5, 6 and 8 in reimbursement form (german form, english form) and additionally travel refund detailed.pdf
- travel expenses, registration fee – fill in point 1, 5, 6 and 8 in reimbursement form (german form, english form)
- As the last step, please send your forms, bank statements, and all original receipts to:
Institut für Biochemie und Biologie
AG Gaedke - "DynaTrait"
Am Neuen Palais 10
- If you are a staff member of the University of Potsdam, please fill out the application for official journey: "Dienstreiseantrag für Hochschulbeschäftigte": "Reisekosten Online" (works only within the intranet). Refund of travelling expenses works with just a single form: the "Reisekostenabrechnung": travelunipotsdam.pdf
- If you are taking your infant to conferences or meetings, you might face additional costs (double room or family apartment, costs for taking your personal car or taxi etc. The same holds if you have to take your (older) child(ren) and your significant other with you to help with childcare (if you have no other option available). It is important to explain these costs on the reimbursement sheet and to tick the box for "Abrechnung über Projektbewilligung", but do NOT tick the box for "Bundesreisekostengesetz". Please approach me in advance before you book your trip so we can help you getting your money back.
If you are unsure, please ask our coordinator.